Cactus Needles Knitting Guild
Meeting Minutes 5/4/09
• The meeting was called to order at 6:45 pm
• Mary greeted the membership, welcomed guests and announced birthdays.
• Minutes were passed as posted.
o Francine conducted the altruistic update
• Project Linus updates
• New Blanket yarn was passed out – We will be making seed stitch squares. Please have ready to turn in at the next meeting.
• Blanket Bee: CNKG won first place with their turquoise and brown blanket
• Please remember that June is the deadline for Back-to-School knitting
o Bev conducted the Valley Events schedule
• The Shop Hop –tonight is the deadline to turn in all passports. It is expected to announce winners and results at the June meeting.
• Tempe is having a retreat July 18 & 19th , $160 includes some meals
• Fiber Factory - on the 2nd Friday of each month will be having a Charity Night from 6-9pm
o Sandi asked to keep the newsletter updates and guild histories coming.
• Old Business
o June Knit In is still open for sponsorship
• Sandy is going to look in to hosting the even on the Light Rail in honor of “WW Knit in Public”
• New Business
o Dues is due in June. Fee is $24.00
o Sandi McDonald conducted a all inclusive program on the topic of finishing. She also created an all encompassing booklet on the topic for each attendee.
• Show and share ending the meeting.
• The meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.