Cactus Needles Knitting Guild
Meeting Minutes 4/6/09
• The meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm by Barb Hahn, Vice President. Cara Summerfield, President, was absent from the meeting.
• Mary Shirtzinger greeted the membership and welcomed guests.
• Minutes were read and passed by the membership. They will be posted on the Guild’s website.
o Project Linus updates
• New Blanket yarn was passed out – We will be making strips that are 6, 12, or 18” long. Please make as many strips as your skein will allow and have ready to turn in at the next meeting.
o Esperanza knitting needs to be given to JoAnn by the end of April.
o Please remember that June is the deadline for Back-to-School knitting
• Bev Walker conducted the Valley Events schedule
o The Shop Hop –Passports were passed out, there are 20 shops participating, you have 3 months to stamp your passports. Gift certificates are the prizes. Keep working on those passports. May 4th is the deadline.
o Tempe is having a retreat July 18 & 19th , $160 includes some meals
o Tempe Yarn & Fiber is having a Knit-along which will be a Hobo Bag
o Stitch & Pitch will be August 15th
o There is a culture pass that can be checked out at most Phoenix area libraries that entitles you to 4 free passes to various museums in the valley
o Fiber Factory in May on the 2nd Friday of each month will be having a Charity Night from 6-9pm
• Sandy Ruthkowski asked to keep the newsletter updates and guild histories coming.
o Nominating Report for 2009/10
• Francine Ebersman, Bev Walker, and June Whisel headed the committee. Nominations for the July 2009-June 2010 Board was presented. Nominations were as follows:
• President – Cara Summerfield
• Vice President – Barb Hahn
• Treasurer – Lisa Spaich
• Secretary – Dawn Goetz
• Membership – June & Bev
• Altruistic – Velvet & Regina
• The membership voted, and passed the new slate.
o Knit –Ins
• April – Leslie Fry
• May – Cara Summerfield
• July – Cynthia
o Westminster will be cancelled for the month of April
o Regina demonstrated and gave excellent instructions on how to knit the Multi-directional scarf using short row techniques. Pattern is listed on the Guild’s web site.
• Show and share ending the meeting.
• The meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.